SQL Database Administrator
Risclarity helps firms that serve complex investors streamline and scale through technology. As an industry leader in what we do, we’re often in uncharted territory but we thrive on the challenge and feel rewarded by the impact we’re able to make for our clients. We’re flexible team players who care about each other, take the initiative, seek to leverage technology, and feel a sense of ownership and an entrepreneurial spark for the company’s success.
The Database Administrator is a critical part of our team, accelerating our ability to drive world-class, collaborative internal and client innovation. Responsibilities include:
- Developing, implementing, maintaining, and optimizing stored procedures and functions using T-SQL.
- Working with users and clients to ensure proper data in the system to facilitate efficient job functions by users.
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters in order to provide fast responses.
- Diagnosing and resolving database issues, deployment and configuration.
- Providing data support/assistance to users by delivering reports, data exports, or data query information.
- Maintaining multiple databases and instances using best practices
- Assisting with database design and implementation questions.
- Database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Ticket resolution, assignment, follow up and documentation.
How You Work
- You interact with mission-critical systems with a mindset of ownership, demonstrating exceptional attention to detail and commitment to established processes.
- You take the initiative and are always on the lookout for ways to improve your work and Risclarity’s offerings. You’re not afraid to respectfully challenge the status quo.
- You’re a curious critical thinker and problem solver who knows when to Google and when to ask a team member.
- You’re comfortable working independently but know when to ask for help, support, or a second opinion.
- You’re flexible, and able to handle ambiguity and unexpected situations.
- 3-5+ years SQL Server administration experience.
- 3-5+ years of demonstrable experience writing SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server including experience with complex SQL coding in a database-heavy application, business logic, and performing calculations in the database.
- SQL source control and deployment experience.
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools.
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards.
- Experience maintaining and administering SQL Server Reporting Services is a plus.
- Company-sponsored group medical insurance up to $300/month with participation in the company plan.
- Company-sponsored dental and vision plans.
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% match.
- Unlimited vacation/PTO.
- Bonus based on performance as well as company profitability.
- Career advancement opportunities.
The position is based in our main office. While spending time each week in-office is generally required, Risclarity is proud to offer a variety of remote and flexible work options.
How to Apply
Click the button below to submit your resume along with a cover letter or statement explaining a bit more about your interest in the position and how your experience has prepared you for this role.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please note that offer will be contingent on satisfactory results from a background check. In addition, we do not sponsor applicants for work visas.